Always be mindful of copyright laws and respecting the content of others!
YouTube offers a wide variety of useful resources for teachers and students. Unfortunately, YouTube also has content that is not always appropriate for younger students. Teachers can still share specific YouTube videos for their students to view by downloading the videos, uploading them to Google Drive, and then sharing them with students using Google Classroom. Students will be able to easily access the videos through Classroom and play them directly within their Google Drive.
- Find a video on YouTube that you would like to use with your students. Make sure to preview the entire video to ensure that it's appropriate!
- Copy the URL of the YouTube video
- Go to http://keepvid.com
- Paste the URL of the YouTube video into the Download field
- Click "Download". Be careful not to click on any of the advertisements!
- Depending on the quality of the YouTube video, you may be offered a few different options to download the video in MP4 format. You will also see other options like Video Only, Audio Only, FLV, 3GP, or WebM. Click on one of the top "Download MP4" links
- The video will download to your computer. Depending on the size of the video, it can take a little while
- Go to your Google Drive at http://drive.google.com
- Click New and choose "File upload"
- Find the downloaded video, select it, and click "Open". Depending on the size of the video and the speed of your internet connection, it can take a little while to upload
- Once the video has been uploaded to your Google Drive, the video will need to be processed in order to be viewable. Once the video has been processed, the icon will show a preview of the video
- Go to Google Classroom at http://classroom.google.com
- Create a new Announcement, Assignment, or Question and click the "Attach a Google Drive item"
- Select the video from your Google Drive and click "Add"
- When you Post the Announcement, Assignment, or Question to Classroom, your students will be able to access it and view it right from their own Google Drive
Post a Comment